White hot chocolate is great to serve for Christmas parties or for a chilly winter evening.
For the hot chocolate:
- ½ gallon whole milk
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
For the whipping cream:
- pint heavy whipping cream 1 pure vanilla extract
- sugar A pinch of salt
- Cinnamon sticks Ground nutmeg
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add the hot chocolate ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1½ hours or until hot, occasionally stirring.
- With a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip together the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, sugar, and salt until stiff peaks form. Serve the hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and nutmeg and garnish with cinnamon sticks.