Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken. You can serve slow cooker BBQ chicken alone or in a sandwich with pickled onions and peppers. With the slow cooker, it just couldn’t get any simpler to make.
Makes 6 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 1/2 hour + 5 hours slow cooker time
- 2 tsp. of salt, kosher
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. of paprika
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 whole 3 to 3 & 1/2-pound chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup of soft drink, cola
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar, light, packed firmly
- 2 tbsp. of vinegar, apple cider
- 2 tbsp. of bourbon
- 1 sliced lemon, fresh
- Stir first four ingredients together in small sized bowl. Sprinkle on chicken. Place the chicken pieces in one layer in greased large slow cooker.
- Whisk cola and next four ingredients together in small sized bowl. Pour mixture slowly between the pieces of chicken. Place sliced lemon in one layer atop chicken.
- Cook on the HIGH setting for five hours or till done.
- Transfer pieces of chicken to serving platter and discard the lemon slices. Skim the fat from the juices of pan in slow cooker.
- Pour the juices from pan over the chicken and serve.