Quinoa Mediterranean Breakfast Bowl. This quinoa breakfast checks all the right boxes – it has lean protein, whole grains and vegetables. Quinoa has whole grain characteristics and plenty of protein.
Makes 2 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 1 & 1/4 hour
- 1 cucumber, small
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of chopped dill, fresh
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp. of lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp. of oil, olive
- 1/2 tsp. of salt, Himalayan, as desired
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper, black, ground
- 2 cups of plain yogurt, Greek
For breakfast bowl
- 4 tbsp. of sauce (see separate ingredients for sauce)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 cup of milk, almond
- 1/2 cup of water, filtered
- 1 tsp. of oil, coconut
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup of cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced tomatoes, cherry
- To prepare the sauce, peel the cucumber and slice it in halves lengthways. Remove the seeds and dice the cucumber into small sized pieces. Place in colander and sprinkle with about 1 tsp. of Himalayan salt, or as desired. Toss. Allow to rest for 1/2 hour, so it can draw the water all out. Rinse pieces. Squeeze out any excess liquid with a cheese cloth or paper towel.
- Place cucumber in your food processor, with the remainder of sauce ingredients through ground pepper. Process till blended well. Stir mixture in yogurt. Add additional salt as desired. Place in fridge for two hours or longer so the flavors can develop fully.
- To prepare breakfast bowl, combine water, milk & quinoa. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer till it absorbs most of liquid. This usually takes seven or eight minutes.
- Evenly divide into two individual bowls. Top with tomato and cucumber.
- Crack egg into small sized bowl. Heat non-stick pan on med-low. Add the coconut oil. Once oil melts, add egg gently into the pan. Cook till the white is set but the yolk is runny. Season as desired. Repeat the process with the second egg.
- Slice eggs atop quinoa and drizzle the sauce on top. Serve.
Man-approved lunch, dinner, side dish and appetizer recipes…