Perpect Slow Cooker Nachos. These nachos disappear swiftly every time I make them! You can also serve the beef, from the slow cooker, in slider sized buns and sandwich toppings if you want an even heartier meal.
Makes 6 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 35 minutes + 8 hours slow cooker time
- 1 x 3-pounds beef rump roast, boneless
- Salt, kosher, as desired
- Pepper, ground, as desired
- 1 tbsp. of oil, vegetable
- 1 x 12-ounce jar of banana pepper rings, mild
- 1 x 15-ounce can of broth, beef
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- Tortilla chips
- 1 x 15-ounce can of rinsed black beans
- For topping: chopped onions, tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese shreds, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, etc.
- Season the roast using kosher salt and ground pepper. Brown each side of roast in large skillet in oil on high heat.
- Place in large slow cooker. Add the garlic, pepper rings and beef broth. Cover. Cook on the LOW setting for eight hours, till meat easily shreds.
- Transfer meat to cutting board and reserve the liquid in the slow cooker. Shred the roast and return to the slow cooker. Set on LOW to keep the meat warm.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Top with black beans, shredded beef, cheese, tomatoes and onion. Bake for 10 minutes and serve.