- 220 g halloumi cheese sliced
210 ml vegetable or chicken stock
190 g barley couscous
180 g tender stem broccoli
6 apricots halved and grilled
5 leaves fresh mint bruised and finely chopped
1 tbsp chipotle paste
1 small bunch mixed fresh herbs
60 g pecan nuts toasted and roughly chopped
2 handful pomegranate seeds
For the dressing::
3-4 tbsp olive oil
3-4 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp chipotle paste
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
5 mint leaves brushed and super finely chopped
- Put the dry couscous into a slightly larger bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover with a plate or clingfilm and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice and brush the halloumi cheese with a coat of chipotle paste and set aside for a few minutes.
- While the couscous it’s getting infused, and the halloumi a little confused
- , grill the apricots and the broccoli on a griddle pan for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side then remove and put on a plate aside.
- Grill the halloumi cheese too for 2 minutes on each side and set aside once finished.
- Toast the pecan nuts in a pan for literally 2 min tossing almost constantly and make sure you’re not abandoning that pan till you take them off that pan. Warning
- : They burn fast! After toasting, take them out from that pan and place them on a chopping board ready for a rough chopping once they are cool enough to handle which should be 1 min or so.
- In a jar, place all dressing ingredients and give those a good old shake. Shake it, shake it, and shake a little bit more until you think enough is enough.