You get the maximum taste from sweet corn when you char it on your grill. The flavors provide a wonderful contrast to the perfectly-cooked, rich steak.
Makes 4 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 1/2 hour
- 1 steak, skirt
- Salt, kosher
- Pepper, ground
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 tbsp. of lime juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp. of oil, olive
- 1/2 small onion, red
- 2 avocados, small
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves, fresh
- 8 small tortillas, flour
- Heat the grill to med-high. Season steak with 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt & 1/2 tsp. of ground pepper. Grill to your desired degree of doneness.
- Transfer steak to cutting board. Allow to rest for five minutes or longer before you slice.
- Place corn on grill with steak. Grill and turn occasionally till charred. Transfer corn to cutting board. Remove kernels from cobs.
- Whisk lime juice, 1/4 tsp. of kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. of ground pepper in large sized bowl. Add onion and corn. Toss and combine. Fold in cilantro and avocados.
- Warm tortillas on grill. Serve with steak, corn salad & wedges of lime.