Molasses Makes a deliciously sweet marinade for the flank steak in this recipe. You can serve it topped with salsa, as I have done below. Men and women alike love this steak.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 5 & 1/2 hours
- 3/4 cup of molasses
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup of oil, canola
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. of grated ginger, fresh
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. of red pepper, crushed, dried
- 1 x 2-pound steak, flank
- Place the first eight ingredients in large zipper lock plastic bag. Squeeze the bag and combine the ingredients. Add the steak. Seal the bag. Chill for four to 12 hours.
- Remove the steak from the bag and discard extra marinade.
- Preheat the grill to 400-450F or HIGH heat. Cover the steak with grill lid for nine minutes per side – or longer, if you like your meat well done.
- Remove from the grill. Allow to stand for 8-10 minutes. Cut into thin slices. Season as desired and top with salsa. Serve.