Fire-Grilled Steak and Salsa Recipes. Grilled veggies and steak get wonderful flavor from the other ingredients in this recipe, like capers, fresh herbs, tangy vinegar and heart-healthy olive oil.
Makes 4 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- 1 steak, beef flank
- Salt, kosher
- Pepper, ground
- 5 tsp. of oil, olive
- 2 fennel bulbs, medium
- 1 large onion, red
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves, fresh
- 1/2 cup of parsley leaves, flat leaf, fresh
- 3 tbsp. of vinegar, red wine
- 2 tbsp. of capers
- 1 garlic clove, small
Read More : Batter Fried Pickles Recipe
- Prepare your outdoor grill for medium heat direct cooking with a cover.
- Sprinkle the steak with 1/4 tsp. each of kosher salt and ground pepper to season. Brush each side of onion slices and fennel bulbs with oil. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- Cover and grill the steak for 8-10 minutes if you want medium-rare meat, or until done to your desired level. Turn once while grilling.
- Grill the onion beside the steak for seven to nine minutes, till tender. Transfer the steak to the cutting board. Allow to set for 8-10 minutes. Then transfer onion to a bowl.
- Chop parsley and mint finely. Place in a medium sized bowl with remaining 3 tsp. of oil, 1 tbsp. of filtered water, garlic, capers and vinegar. Blend by stirring.
- Place the fennel on the grill. Cook for three to four minutes, or till browned. Turn once. Toss with the onion.
- Slice steak thinly. Serve with onion, fennel and vinaigrette.