Delicious Baby Back Ribs. Baby back ribs are a favorite in our home, coated first in a dry, spicy rub and then basted with a tangy sauce. They are crowd-pleasers, to be sure.
Makes 6 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 4 hours & 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- Salt, kosher
- Pepper, ground
- 4 & 1/2 pounds of ribs, baby-back
- 1/4 cup of mustard, Dijon
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 2 tbsp. of vinegar, cider
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oven to 275F. Combine 2 tsp. of ground pepper, 1 tbsp. of kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and sugar together in medium bowl.
- Place ribs on rimmed sheet pan. Spread with mustard. Sprinkle using 3/4 cup of spice rub and evenly coat. Pour apple juice on sheet pan. Tightly cover with aluminum foil. Bake till meat becomes tender and pulls easily away from bones. This usually takes between 2 & 1/2 and 3 hours.
- Whisk ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, ketchup and last 1/2 cup of the spice rub together. Transfer to mixture to small sized bowl. Set it aside.
- 10 minutes before ribs are done cooking, heat grill to med-high. Grill ribs and baste with ketchup mixture and turn occasionally, till they start charring, or five to six minutes.
- Cut in pieces. Serve with reserved sauce to dip in.