Cheese, Chorizo and Tomato Pizza Breakfast Ideas. What guy doesn’t like PIZZA? This recipe uses flat breads and store-bought, bottled pesto sauce, making it an easy, speedy recipe to make. The broccoli and chorizo make hearty, tasty toppings.
Makes 4 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 pound of broccoli
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. of oil, olive
- 4 ounces of chorizo, dried
- 3 shallots
- 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 flat breads
- 1 cup of pesto sauce, prepared
- 1 & 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, mixed
- 1/2 pound of Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oven to 450F. Remove thick stems from the broccoli, leaving florets and 2” of tender stems remaining.
- Heat the oil in large sized non-stick skillet on med. heat. Add the broccoli, pepper flakes, chorizo and shallots. Sauté for five minutes, till broccoli is crisp but tender. Remove pan from heat. Allow it to cool a bit.
- Place the flat breads on large cookie sheet. Spread with the pesto, leaving an inch around the outsides. Top with the broccoli mixture, Brie cheese and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 14-18 minutes, till the crusts have become crisp and golden. Remove from oven. Allow to cool just a bit and serve.