Buckwheat Nutty Buttermilk Pancakes Recipes. This is a great recipe for pancakes. These flapjacks are filling, hearty and nutty. The buckwheat Makes him feel like he’s eating something that is healthy for breakfast, even though the taste is quite sweet.
Makes 8 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup of flour, buckwheat
- 3/4 cup of flour, all-purpose, unbleached
- 3 tbsp. of sugar, granulated
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt, kosher
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 & 1/2 cups of buttermilk, low fat
- 3 tbsp. of melted butter, unsalted
- 2 eggs, large
- Syrup, maple, as desired
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together. The batter may be a bit lumpy and that’s OK. You don’t want the batter overmixed.
- Grease a skillet and heat it on med. heat. Drop 5” circles of the pancake batter in skillet.
- Wait to see emergence of bubbles on tops of pancakes. Flip them and cook other side.
- Top with melted butter and syrup. Serve