Breakfast Cajun Casserole Recipes.Men and women alike enjoy breakfast casseroles. Only your imagination limits the possibilities of ingredients. They usually include eggs, meat, bread and veggies, so they’re great for cleaning out the fridge.
Makes 6 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 1 hour & 10 minutes
- 12-16 oz. of sliced andouille sausage, smoked
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced finely
- 1 diced tomato, medium
- 6 eggs, large
- 1 & 1/2 cups of milk, 2%
- 1 tsp. of seasoning, Cajun
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper, ground
- 1 or 2 dashes of sauce, hot, as desired
- 4 x 1”-torn slices of bread
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese shreds
- Salt, kosher
- Pepper, ground
- Heat the oven to 400F. Butter 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cook sausage with bell peppers and onions in large sized skillet till veggies have become translucent. As they get closer to being done, add tomatoes. Allow them to cook for one or two minutes.
- Whisk the milk and eggs in bowl with ground pepper and Cajun seasoning. Add a couple hot sauce dashes, as desired.
- Arrange torn bread on bottom of buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle over the top with vegetables and sausage. Top with the cheese. Pour egg mixture over top evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, till lightly browned and puffy. Serve.