BBQ Pork Sandwiches Holiday Recipes. These pork sandwiches are a wonderful way to treat a father or husband on Father’s Day. They are often served with a BBQ sauce like this, and maybe some baked beans.
Makes 4 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 1 & 1/4 hour
- 2 x 1/2-lb. tenderloins, pork
- 1 tsp. of oil, vegetable
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 tbsp. of water, filtered
- 2 tbsp. of vinegar, cider
- 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce, low-sodium
- 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. of mustard, dry
- A dash of sauce, hot, as desired
- 4 hamburger buns, whole wheat
- put pork into very thin slices and flatten them with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Heat oil in large sized non-stick skillet on med-high. Add the pork and cook for three minutes per side, till it is browned. Drain and chop coarsely. Wipe the drippings from the skillet.
- Next, add the tomato sauce and the next seven ingredients. Bring to boil. Add pork. Cover the skillet. Lower heat and allow to simmer while stirring often, for 18-20 minutes.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the pork mixture on each bun. Serve.