Batter Fried Pickles Recipe. An Alabama original snack, fried pickles are a hit for barbeques and picnics in the summertime. The best pickles to use are tart and crunchy, and after they are deep-coated and fried, they taste great with ranch style dipping sauce.
Makes 8-10 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 x 16-ounce jars of drained sandwich sliced dill pickles
- 1 egg, large
- 1 x 12-ounce can of beer
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of salt, seasoned
- 1 & 1/2 cups of flour, all-purpose
- Oil, vegetable
- Spicy Ranch dipping sauce, store bought
- Pat the pickles dry using paper towels.
- Whisk egg and the next three ingredients together in large sized bowl. Add the flour and whisk till smooth.
- Pour 1 & 1/2” of oil in large skillet. Heat on med-high.
- Dip the slices of pickle into the batter. Allow the dripping off of any excess batter. Fry the pickles in small batches for three to four minutes, till they are golden in color.
- Drain. Pat the pickles dry with paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce.