Balsamic Bacon, Blue Cheese and Onion Burger. A burger is even better when it is spiced up with blue cheese and red onions in a balsamic soak, giving it that extra kick of flavor.
Makes 4 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 1/2 hour
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 2 tbsp. of vinegar, balsamic
- Salt, kosher
- Pepper, ground
- 1 & 1/2 pounds of ground sirloin, lean
- 4 ounces of blue cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, brioche
- Bacon slices, cooked
- Toss vinegar, onions, 1/4 tsp. of kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. of ground pepper together in small sized bowl. Allow it to sit and toss it occasionally, till you need it.
- Heat your grill to med-high. Form beef into four balls. Flatten them into 3/4” thick patties. Make a 1 & 1/2” wide indentation with your thumb, in top of patties. Season them with 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt and 1/2 tsp. of ground pepper.
- Place patties on grill with indentation side facing upward. Cook till burgers easily release from grill, or about three to four minutes. Then flip the burgers and cook as you like them done. During your last two minutes of cooking, top with blue cheese. Cover and grill till it’s gooey.
- Grill buns, if desired. Place burgers on the buns. Top with bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and onions, as desired. Serve.