Amazing Men’s Best Apple Pie Recipe Ideas. This is a classic apple pie recipe with a flaky crust and a delectable filling made with two types of apples, along with spices, vanilla and apple cider. No wonder men love it!
Makes 8 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 2 hour & 10 minutes
- 1 pkg. of pie crust, refrigerated
- 7 to 9 apples, sliced in chips
- 3/4 cup of sugar, granulated
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. of allspice
- 1/8 tsp. of nutmeg, ground
- 1 dash salt, kosher
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup of apple cider or apple juice
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract, pure
- 1 tbsp. of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Unroll and place a pie crust on bottom of 8-9” pie plate.
- Peel, then cut apples in 1/4” chips. Place in large sized bowl.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to apples.
- In small sized bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Pour liquid mixture over apples. Toss apple mixture and combine well. Spoon into prepared crust.
- Place second crust over apples. Press crusts together, sealing edges.
- Fold edges towards middle of pie. Crimp edges with fingers.
- Cut several slits in top crust for steam to escape. Then melt butter. Brush over crust. Sprinkle a little sugar over the top before you bake.
- Bake pie in 425F oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cover pie using foil, leaving center of pie open. Outer edge is covered so it won’t burn.
- Reduce the heat to 375F. Continue to bake for 45-50 minutes, till golden brown in color. Remove the foil. Allow pie to cool fully. Serve.