Amazing Classic Meaty Lasagna Breaksfast ideas. This lasagna is made with all the classic ingredients men – and women – love. We serve it with a hearty sauce, with layers of super cheesy goodness.
Makes 6-8 Servings
Total Cooking Time: 2 hours & 20 minutes
- 1 lb. of beef, ground
- 1 chopped onion, medium
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 x 16-oz. can of tomatoes, stewed
- 2 x 6-oz. cans of tomato paste
- 1 x 10 & 3/4 oz. can of tomato puree
- 1 tbsp. of basil, dried
- 1 tsp. of salt, kosher
- 1 x 10-oz. pkg. of lasagna noodles, dry
- 3 cups of cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. of chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 & 1/2 cups of Parmesan cheese shreds
- 2 lightly beaten eggs, large
- 1/2 tsp. of salt, kosher
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper, ground
- 1 lb. of sliced mozzarella cheese
- Cook the ground beef in large sized skillet on med-high. Stir till it isn’t pink anymore and has crumbled.
- Add garlic and onion. Cook for three minutes, till tender, and drain.
- Add and stir tomatoes and the next four ingredients. Simmer for 1/2 hour while occasionally stirring.
- Cook the noodles using the instructions on the package. Drain them and set them aside.
- Combine the cottage cheese and the next five ingredients in large sized bowl.
- Place 1/2 of the noodles in greased 9×13” casserole dish. Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture on the noodles. Top that with 1/2 of the cheese slices.
- Spoon the meat sauce over the cheese. Top with the rest of the noodles and the remainder of the cottage cheese mixture, then cheese slices.
- Bake in 375F oven for 35-40 minutes and allow to set for 8-10 minutes. Serve.