Slow Cooker Raspberry Chocolate French Toast. Day old bread, raspberries and chocolate transform into a decadent breakfast casserole in your slow cooker.
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7-8 cups day-old challah or brioche bread, cubed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg.
- Place half of the bread cubes in a lightly greased slow cooker and push down slightly. Sprinkle with half the raspberries and chocolate chips. Repeat with remaining bread, raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour milk mixture over top, pushing bread down slightly to coat in milk. Cover and bake for 2 hours, or until the top is puffed and golden.