If you’re worried about finding the right flat belly foods, chances are you’re getting pretty confused. It seems that there is so much information out there about the types of foods that people should and should not eat to have the flattest, sexiest belly possible, but how do you know which ones are really effective?
Science now says that there are some flat belly foods that you should be eating every day. You might be familiar with some of them, and others might actually surprise you.
- Nut butters and nuts. Yes, peanut butter is now a healthy choice and it has to do with the monounsaturated fats that these foods contain. Want to enjoy some nuts, go ahead, just keep your portions under control. Think quarter cup for nuts and about a tablespoon for nut butters to keep your calories in check.
- Greek yogurt; nonfat. Greek yogurt contains tons of protein, so it’s a great choice when you’re looking for foods to help keep you feeling satisfied, but it also contains probiotics that can help to reduce unattractive and uncomfortable belly bloat. Stick to about a six ounce serving to keep your calorie goals.
- Low fat chocolate milk. This is another sweet treat that will help you to build muscle and refuel your body, especially after a tough workout. It’s got the perfect blend of carbohydrates and protein, so consider adding an eight ounce glass to your post workout program.
- Beans. Yes, beans. You might think that because they cause gas they aren’t a good option, but they actually are a great choice for a trim waist and flat belly. Low in calories and high in fiber, beans should be enjoyed. Just be sure to add them to your diet slowly to avoid becoming overly gassy.
- Quinoa. Yes, you might have heard a lot about it. It’s a whole grain, which is great for the body because of all the fiber, but it’s also what is known as a complete protein, which means you’ll feel full and satisfied for longer than if you didn’t eat it.
- Produce. Lots and lots of it, but avoid the common gas triggers such as broccoli, cauliflower, and even cabbage, as they can all cause bloating and discomfort, and sabotage your flat belly efforts.
You can have a flat belly any time of year, and that means you’ll look great, and feel great year round. These foods can help.