With the vast amount of artificial sweeteners or alternatives to cane sugar, many individuals have the large fear that as with every sweetener placed on the market until now- that Stevia sweeteners pose the same risks as Splenda or sucralose sugar substitutes.
As hyped and publicized in the media, some of the previous sweetening products placed on the market have been noted as unsafe to consume. However, Stevia or Steviva products have been FDA approved and surprisingly have been referred to as one of the safest sweeteners an in individual can use. But first you must realize the adverse health effects of Splenda to decide which one is best for you to use in your healthy lifestyle.
Negative effects associated with Splenda
- Is known to cause a number of allergic reactions
- Is linked to many types of cancers and can be considered carcinogenic.
- Is a synthetic compound so of course it is not an all-natural food that you are putting in your body.
- Can be associated with many digestive ailments such as diarrhea, digestive pain, gas, and bloating.
- Can be linked to causing and magnifying some neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, and dementia.
Splenda has until recently been the best alternative to sugar alternatives, however with all natural plant based Stevia sweetener now choosing healthier sugar alternatives is even safer without precaution. So if you are really wanting to see if Stevia is safer than Splenda check out these dangers of Stevia or Steviva:
Dangers of Steviva:
NONE, ZIP, ZERO
Stevia sweeteners are:
- Safe for diabetics and cause no fluctuations in insulin levels
- Can stabilize and help blood pressure levels
- Can aid in weight loss
- Is so sweet and tasty as cane sugar
- Contains zero calories
- Approved by FDA with no known risks to health
- Great to cook with
It is up to you to decide which sweetener you like best, however with Stevia now replacing other unhealthy and hazardous sweeteners- you can see what the logical answer is for this frequently asked question.