There are some foods that are oh-so-good, and then there are some foods that are oh-so-good for you, but when you enjoy these fat fighters, you’ll be singing their praises and adding them to everything you can imagine.
- Dark chocolate chips. The small pieces help to trick the mind into thinking that it’s getting a satisfying hefty serving, and the dark chocolate helps to kill the craving for other sweet treats that are higher in fat and calories than the chocolate chips.
- Non-fat ricotta cheese. Yes, this protein source is an essential boost for the muscles, and since it’s non-fat, you get to enjoy this rich energy booster without feeling so much guilt. Plus, it’s amazing in so many recipes.
- Melon. It has only 45 calories for a thick slice, and honeydew or cantaloupe offer the rich, sweet texture that it might just take to satisfy some of those cravings that are difficult to get past.
- Bell peppers. They are high in vitamin C, taste fantastic and add color to tons of recipes, so whether you’re cooking them or enjoying them raw, you’ll love this low calorie treat.
- Edamame. Add it to salad or munch on it just the way it is, this pod offers protein, fiber and healthy fats, all in one little package. Plus, they aren’t bad on calories, either.
- Nuts. These little crunchers can be totally satisfying; they offer fiber, healthy fats, and protein and the crunch can keep you feeling satisfied and full.
- Romaine Lettuce. It’s high in vitamin A and is loaded in vitamin K, too. Plus, it can help you to consume fewer calories when you enjoy it with a meal, so go ahead, stack it up and enjoy the healthy benefits.
- Grapefruit. This citrus fruit has help many a dieter to shed pound and enjoy a slim physique over the years, and studies now show that it can help people to burn fat, so go ahead, slice some up and enjoy.
- Chili powder. This versatile spice contains capsinoids, which have been shown to actually burn belly fat, plus, it helps to keep your dishes tasting interesting.
- Canned salmon. It’s not just for cats, so enjoy this high protein option and add it to salads or make a healthy sandwich and enjoy the omega-3 and protein boost.
You don’t have to choose to add all of these foods to your diet every day, but by incorporating more of these foods into your diet, you might find that you can shed pounds and enjoy a slimmer physique while staying satisfied and avoiding cravings.