Part of being healthy means having healthy skin. Using the right beauty products is so important because they have benefits that extend far beyond just making you look better, the right products have benefits that will keep the skin healthy for years to come.
For the face
Skin on the face is different from skin on the rest of the body. It is often more sensitive and more easily damaged. Signs of aging will show here first, so taking care of the face is essential.
- Choose the right cleanser for your skin. Some skin does well with salicylic acid to keep it from those break-outs, but other skin does better with a gentler cleanser. Skin that becomes itchy, red or irritated will do best with a gentle cleanser. Products that don’t strip the natural oils from the face are your best bet if you aren’t sure what you should use.
- Exfoliating scrub, and mask. When you gently exfoliate the skin every few days, you’re not only providing a smooth canvas for makeup, but you’re making sure that products you use will absorb into the skin more easily. Be careful about the size of the exfoliant and don’t scrub too hard, or you risk damaging the skin. The right mask will help to boost moisture in the skin, refine the pores, or help reduce deep cystic breakouts. Choose a mask that works for your skin care need, and use every few days for the best benefits.
- Antioxidant serum. It doesn’t matter if you’re in your early 20’s, using an antioxidant serum, such as one packed with vitamin C can help to reduce dark spots and fine lines from appearing. As an added benefit, vitamin C serums can help to keep the complexion bright and healthy.
- A good moisturizer. If you do nothing else for your skin, a potent moisturizer is a must at any age. Even if you have oily skin, you still need to moisturize. It will help you to maintain the protective barrier of the skin, and keep it healthy.
- Sunscreen is an every single day essential. Studies show that when sunscreen is used daily, it can help to protect against aging. So slather it on every single day.
For the body
While the skin on the body doesn’t need as much to stay healthy, but there are still some things that you should do to protect it every day.
- Like the face, sunscreen is a must every single day. Slather it on liberally to protect against aging and skin cancer.
- Gentle soap or cleanser. Many people prefer deodorant soaps during the warm summer months, but this type of soap can cause drying of the skin. Instead, choose a mild soap or cleanser to help keep the skin clean and soft.
- Moisturizer loaded with antioxidants. Some antioxidants, such as vitamin E and vitamin C can help to repair the damage done by free radicals and reduce aging and cancer risk. So, before you use the sunscreen, use a mild moisturizer every time you shower, or once a day at least.
Beautiful skin can be yours, and it doesn’t have to be difficult. Each step only takes a couple of seconds, but can make a lifetime of difference.