If you want to enjoy healthy foods, and still maintain a healthy weight, there are some foods that many health care providers recommend that you incorporate into your diet. They can help to boost the metabolism, curb hunger and cravings, and allow you to get the nutrition your body needs all the time.
- Peanut butter is a terrific, high protein addition to the diet. It’s got just enough sweet to keep you from craving more, and it’s got monounsaturated fats, which in moderation, have lots of benefits, so go ahead, scoop a little bit and enjoy, just don’t go overboard.
- Almonds are another fantastic crunchy treat to add to the diet. They are high in protein, magnesium and vitamin E. Almonds can be a perfect snack and are easy to add to almost any dish.
- Salmon is a must have for a healthy diet. Fatty fish like this is high in Omega-3 Fatty acids, which are excellent for the joints, the skin and the heart. Plus, it’s high in protein and can be prepared in many different ways.
- Greek yogurt can make so many different things: from frosting, to salad dressing and even marinades. It’s high in calcium, and probiotics.
- Dark chocolate is a treat that many people simply cannot live without. It’s high in antioxidants, and isn’t always high in calories when consumed in moderation.
- Red wine can be an excellent, heart healthy addition to the diet. Red wine is loaded with flavonoids, and some doctors recommend drinking a little bit daily to help lower the blood pressure and reduce stress.
- Like salmon, avocadoes are loaded with heart healthy fats that can keep people feeling great. As a bonus, they go perfectly with burgers, salads and can even make a terrific, good-for-you dip.
- Quinoa. Whole grains are essential, and Quinoa is a powerful, low calorie “superfood” that’s packed with nutrients and can help break the salad boredom.
- Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, so incorporating these into the diet is a must for anyone that wants to make the most of the foods they eat. Make a blueberry smoothie, add them to healthy cereal or just enjoy them by the handful.
- Sweet potatoes are an excellent way to get your healthy carbohydrate fix. They taste terrific, and the slight sweet flavor is versatile and filling. Plus, they are full of potassium and vitamins B and C.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring, or tasteless. You just have to know what foods can make a difference in your diet, and incorporate them into the diet. Healthy cookbooks can help with ideas, and before you know it, you’ll probably be adding these essentials to meals like a professional.