There are lots of different types of workouts that people can do today, but some of them really work and others might just feel like a big waste of time. Fortunately, top trainers have devoted a ton of time and energy into developing some really great exercises to help boost your calorie burn and help you see results faster than ever before.
Whether you’re the type that likes to hit the gym, or you want to mix things up and work out on your schedule, these options should help you to get your body spring and summer ready – and see results like you’ve never seen before:
- P90X: fitness level – intermediate. Cost – $$$. Equipment – weights, bands, yoga mat, pull up bar (can purchase program that includes it, or if you have equipment, the DVD’s are available). This workout is not easy, and it can cost a bit to get started, but if you’re serious about getting a firm, sculpted body, this might just be the workout for you. The program fights muscle memory and has you doing something different every day. The best part is that you can do different types of workouts to suit your needs. Guy or girl, you can sculpt, get lean and build muscle to meet your personal goals.
- Crossfit: fitness level – beginner. Cost – depends on you. Equipment – depends on the workout you choose, but mostly body weight is great to start with. This is a relatively new trend that’s crossing the country and international boundaries alike. It’s based off the idea of functional fitness, and it’s a lot of fun. Hard work for sure, but you’ll never get bored and you’re bound to see results. You can find a place to work out with others, or you can download free WOD’s online with a simple search. Start slow, but don’t be afraid to push yourself.
- Circuit training: fitness level – beginner. Cost – depends on you. Equipment – weights or kettle ball, bands, etc. Much like Crossfit, this is one great way that you can burn some major calories and enjoy some serious results. Many people choose to do circuit training with a personal trainer, but there are plenty of work outs that you can enjoy for free or next to nothing.
- Zumba: fitness level – beginner. Cost – $$ – $$$, depending on your choice. Equipment – depends on the program. This dance fitness workout gets pretty intense, but it is fun, fun, fun. If you don’t like the idea of having to do a real work out, but you’re the first one on and the last one off the dance floor, then you’re going to love this program. You can find these programs at your local gym, or you can buy the DVD’s and work at your own pace.
- Walking: fitness level – beginner. Cost – free. Equipment – depends on you. It might not seem like much, but a good brisk walk is a great way to distress, burn calories and get your heart rate up. Speed it up a bit and add some ankle weights, or an incline and you’re likely going to find the easiest workout out there.
Now there’s no excuse not to get fit and stay that way because there is a work out option to meet every fitness personality.